SkyStef's aviation page

 

home  |  e-mail    



OO-ESM

 

Aeronca 11AC Chief (11AC-1605)

 

 
Date: ca. 1975

Location: -/EBGB

Photo: collection Skystef

Description: this vintage Aeronca Chief was factory fresh registered in April 1949 to Union Motor Entre-Sambre-et-Meuse. Later it migrated to Aéroclub de l'Hanaut and afterwards, on February 12 1968, to a private user (G. Delforge) which based it at Grimbergen airfield. In the seventies it was abandoned for years, here seen such with "Gedair" titles, probable adopted in 1973, however no trace in the literature was found of ownership of this small Grimbergen based company. On November 8 1985 it went to another private owner (J. Verlinden) who restaurated it and based it at Zoersel airfield. On December 14 1998 it was cancelled to Eire as "EI-CRR" for three private owners Liam - Anthony Maddock - John Patrick.

 

Belgian register